Opinions about blogs, World News, Updates, Whats Hot and Whats Not

Ads

The World Of Bloggers

Custom Search

Sports

Friday, March 18, 2016

GENESIS 39:1-12

GENESIS 39:1-12

Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. Potiphar, an Egyptian who was one of Pharaoh's officials, the captain of the guard, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him there.
    The Lord was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master. When his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord gave him success in everything he did, Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and entrusted to his care everything he owned, the Lord blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the Lord was on everything Potiphar had in Joseph's care; with Joseph in charge, he did not concern himself with anything except the food that he ate.
    Now Joseph was well-built and handsome, and after a while his  master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, " Come to bed with me!"
    But he refused. " With me in charge," he told her, " my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?" And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.
    One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. She caught him by his cloak and said," Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment