Opinions about blogs, World News, Updates, Whats Hot and Whats Not

Ads

The World Of Bloggers

Custom Search

Sports

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Never Forsaken

Never Forsaken

Russian writer Fyodor Dostoyevsky said, " The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons." With that in mind, I read an online article describing " The top 8 Deadliest Prisons in the World." In one of these prisons every prisoner is held in solitary confinement.
    We are intended to live and relate in relationships and community, not in isolation. This is what makes solitary confinement such a harsh punishment.
    Isolation is the agony Christ suffered when His eternal relationship with the Father was broken on the cross. We hear this in His cry captured in Matthew 27:46: " About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ' Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?' ( Which means, ' My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?')." As He suffered and died under the burden of our sins, Christ was suddenly alone, forsaken, isolated, cut off from His relationship with the Father. Yet His suffering in isolation secured for us the promise of the Father: " Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
     Christ endured the agony and abandonment of the cross for us so that we would never be alone or abandoned by our God. Ever.
    Father, thank You for making it possible for me to be Your child. I will be eternally grateful for the price Jesus paid to make that relationship possible. Thank You for the promise that You will never abandon me.
     Those who know Jesus are never alone.
  Please also read Luke 3 aand Joshua 22-24
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment