Opinions about blogs, World News, Updates, Whats Hot and Whats Not

Ads

The World Of Bloggers

Custom Search

Sports

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Olive Press

The Olive Press

If you visit the village of Capernaum beside the Sea of Galilee, you will find an exhibit of ancient olive presses. Formed from basalt rock, the olive press consists of two parts: a base and a grinding wheel. The base is large, round and has a trough carved out of it. The olives were placed in this trough, and then the wheel, also made from heavy stone, was rolled over the olives to extract the oil.
    On the night before His death, Jesus went to the Mount of Olives overlooking the city of Jerusalem. There, in the garden called Gethesmane means " place of the olive press"- and that perfectly describes those first crushing hours of Christ's suffering on our behalf. There, " in anguish, he prayed... and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground."
    Jesus the son suffered and died to take away " the sin of the world" and restore our broken relationship with God the Father. " Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering.... He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was on hi, and by his wounds we are healed"
    Our hearts cry out in worship and gratitude.
    Father, help me understand what Your Son endured for me. Help me appreciate the depths of love that would allow my Lord and Christ to be crushed for my wrongs and my rescue.
    Gone my transgressions, and now I am free-all because Jesus was wounded for me.
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment